Student Profile: Quincy Hirt

Lucas Conrad

Quincy Hirt is a senior from the West DePaul neighborhood, and has cemented himself as an influential figure within the class of 2017.  Hirt is both the class president, and president of National Honor Society. He is also invested in the fight against climate change, working as co-founder of the Chicago Youth Alliance for Climate Action. Hirt says, “The best part of being a Dolphin is getting to interact with and learn from an incredibly diverse group of high performing students. Whitney Young has the best and brightest students who succeed in athletics, academics, extracurriculars, and the arts.  Being able to be a part of this winning community and spend four years with this student body is the best part of being a Dolphin.  The only bad part about being a Dolphin is that it’s a four year gig and eventually you have to leave.”  After taking a gap year, Quincy will be attending the University of Southern California with a full-tuition merit scholarship. In his gap year, he will be doing travel, cultural immersion, Spanish immersion, volunteer work, conservation work, and more.  Quincy’s favorite quote comes from Orson Welles, “A happy ending depends on where you stop the story.”  So far, Hirt’s story has been quite happy, and anyone who’s had the pleasure of calling him a friend hopes it will stay this way.